Koshi Tppu Wildlife Reserve has carved a place for itself as a birdwatcher's paradise. The reserve spreads over Saptari and Sunsari districts in East Nepal, defined by the eastern adn western embankments of River Koshi. The reserve is mainly grassland with patches of scrub and deciduous reverine forests. What makes Koshi Tappu special is that many birds seen hreare not found in other parts of Nepal. The reserve has recorded around 439 species of bird variety, some of which fly all the way from Siberia during winter. A wide variety of ducks, herons, storks, egrets, ibis are seen onthe riverbanks. Koshi Tappu Reserve also has one the few elephant stables of Asia.Other animals found here are wild buffalo, wild boar, hog deer, spotted deer, blue bell and jackal.Gharial crocodile and Gangetic dolphin are other attractions. The best time to visit Koshi Tappu is between October and March. Regular bus services are available from Kathmandu and other major cities. The reserve can be accessed from Laukani on the East West Highway from this point the park headquarters at kusaha is only three kilometers away. Another option is to fly to Biratnagar and then drive to Laukahi or Prakashpur.
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Camp, Lunch, Bird watching nearby surrounding of the park, dinner, overnight at camp
Day 02: Wakeup call, Morning nature walks within near vicinity, Breakfast, Raft boat on the Sapta Koshi River with Naturalist to view some of the water birds, water buffaloes, dolphins and various water habitats. End boat trip by the bank of river and have picnic lunch. Short drive to the Koshi Barrage to view some bird-life and fresh water Dolphins. Late afternoon return to the camp, Dinner, Overnight
Day 03: Wakeup call, Morning nature walks within near vicinity, Breakfast, Birding all along the dam of the Koshi River and the area of Pink Tower crossing the Koshi Barrage. Picnic Lunch at the Pink Tower, Late afternoon return to camp looking for some more birds, Dinner, Overnight at camp
Day 04: Wakeup call, More bird watching into the jungle nearby, Breakfast, drive back to Kathmandu
• Transportation from / to Kathmandu by tourist bus as per itinerary.
• Continental & Nepalese meals during the rafting period, thrice a day.
• All Safari Activities
• All jungle activities
• All accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Highly experienced Government licensed safari guide during the trip.
• Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide insurance and salary, national park and conservation area fees.
• Any type of personal expenditure such as phone, laundry, Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
• Food & accommodation cost in case of any natural calamity caused by weather
• Rescue & insurance such as travel, cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects. You are advised to insure for it.
• Things of personal use.
• Tips, Gratuities and expenditure